Dec 31, 2009

Brown Rice Bread. Easy and Yummy.




Although I have no need to eat Gluten free, my father in law does. Because I love him so much I wanted to find him an easy bread recipe he could make on his own. I looked online for rice bread recipes and they were so ridiculous. They almost all included weird things like tapioca flour, quinoa this, starch of that... So I thought, "I'm going to make this easy". Baking powder, eggs and flour are the strangest ingredients you will find in this bread.


You will need a medium baking sheet with about 3/4 - 1 inch edges. Spray it with cooking oil. Mix the following ingredients together and pour into the baking sheet. Cook it about 10- 15 minutes at 350 F.


3 cups Brown Rice Flour
3 TBs Baking Powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 TBs brown Sugar
3 eggs
2- 2 1/2 cups water


You know its done when the top starts to crack, and you may want to stop it before then for a more moist bread. Cut the bread in to squares and enjoy! It resembles a smooth cornbread taste. It makes good sandwiches and toast and is even good all by itself! Email me if you need to purchase some brown rice flour.


-Val

2 comments:

  1. The shorter you cook it the less dry and crumbly it is. Sometimes it's yummy to cook it so the top is crispy like a biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only used one cup of water, but then the brown rice flour I used was from soaked brown rice which was ground at the local grain mill. My bread turned out so wonderfully, thank you so much for sharing your recipe!!!! So easy and so healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete